Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Projet Arms of Ra / Donkey Punch

I called you today, left a message, probably never have an answer. I just want you to see that I care. You won't acknowledge the time we spent together but you could at least pretend I've been around? Talk to someone about me.
My social life would be hear says, rumors of gratitude I could have shown to a random stranger. An empty gesture of self contempt.
I'd pay the double to get a refill of my ego but the engine is broken and I'm a cheap bastard, some say.

What are you trying to hide from me. I saw a shadow move. I swear it could be mine.
Couldn't tell what or who it was. All I know is it's never coming back.
Paint it, shape it again and throw it away as a distant memory.
It hurts to look at people's face and recognise a relative.
Someone I could talk to.
Instead you nodded you heard and pretended to understand.
You understand, yes. You understand all so well.

No comments: