Thursday, February 28, 2008

La graine

There is a seed. I've planted it myself but I don't know where I found it. It's just a seed, it's nature's gift to me and I've cherished it ever since I've found it. It doesn't have a color, and it doesn't have a name. It doesn't have a purpose. It's just there and I treasure it with all my strenght. I don't love it even if people might think I do. There are no feelings associated with the seed. It grows inside me and lives it's life inside of me but without caring about me. In return, I've decided not to care. To let the damn thing grow and look the other away, as if there wasn't any roots coming out of my ears which might make people ask questions about what is going on inside of me.
"Nothing"
"Nothing is happening".
"But, you seem a little bit strange. Isn't there anything you'd like to talk about ?" they usually say, to which I usually answer
"I don't know what you're talking about, it's just my nature state".
Nature.
See, that's what I'm talking about. I'm talking about a seed. I'm not responsible of it's presence, of it's existence. I know only one thing. I don't want to know how it feels to live without it but I know I could get ride of it.
I'm sure I could. Even if it's rooted in every part of my being. From my head to my thumb. Everything is linked to the seed but I don't know where it is located. Maybe it's moving. Maybe it's alive. Maybe it doesn't exist.
Maybe I'm making things up.
Maybe.
But I'v decided to acknowledge the existence of the seed and I won't turn back on my decision. Knowing it exist makes me feel like I could rip it off and being a new life without it. Because even if I know it lives and we breathes the same air though my blood, I also know it's not me.
There is a seed. And one day ... one day, it will be gone.

No comments: